Shell Cordovan Wallets
$85.00 – $275.00
I currently have British and Italian (IT) Shell Cordovan in a variety of colors. You may also request a custom thread color. Thread color options are black, brown, red, green, blue, yellow, and white.
- 100% handmade without power tools
- Saddle stitched by hand with UV bonded, braided, waxed polyester thread
- Natural hand finish with dyes
- The inside is full grain black or brown
Good things to know about Shell
- Shell is a reversed leather – to thin it would be to lose the flexible and strong full grain. On a bifold the exterior is Shell and the interior a full grain leather in proper thickness. If it's just a card type then it makes more sense, but all Shell is not smart.
- Shell has a coating, so it should not touch Shell-to-Shell. That makes sanding marks (roundish markings)
- Unlike shoes, wallets are handled more and will get scratches and indentations (but unlike other leather won't fall apart). I recommend you don't carry it in the same pocket with keys.
- The initial coating on Shell will fade in about five months, so the difference in US, British, Italian, and Japanese Shell is in the craftsmanship.
- A good Shell wallet is bound with marine adhesive, saddle stitched with outdoor marine waxed thread (not with a sewing machine), and all edges finished by hand.
- To read about authentic craftsmanship click here.